At G D Goenka Global School we practice DEI through two lenses, “reaching out” and “reaching in”. We encourage curiosity for better decision making through open communication, action- oriented inquires, questioning, sharing of ideas, beliefs and culture.
We reflect upon learning, encourage integrity and being respectful towards individual differences.
The engagements which reflect the DEI in school are as below:
- World Cultural Day showcases the cultural diversity of different countries.
- Assemblies in French, Spanish ,Japanese and Hindi where all the students aregiven an opportunity to express themselves in different languages.
- Multilingual Fest showcases communication and literacy skills that promote multiple perspectives.
- Celebrations like the Bon, Chuseok, Diwali, Christmas, Id, Holi encourage respect, compassion and empathy.
- Parents involvement through action-oriented inquiries into different cultures like the Japanese, Korean, Italian, Spanish and Hindi are encouraged.
- Parents Talent Show-encourages beliefs and ideas of different cultures.
- Global and Local collaborations on homes, communities, migration etc for constructivist inquiry.
- Using translator applications and a teacher representative for ethnicity of a specific nationality. This encourages open communication and adaptability in the new environment.
- Grouping and individual projects are encouraged through design thinking and action.
- School counsellors(SEN )are available for any kind of social, clinical and academic support.
- ESL faculty is present for language support.
- Assemblies promote anti-bullying, international mindedness, life skills etc.
During the Pandemic, a lot of focus was put on the well-being of the teachers, students and parents. Therefore we took several measures to ensure the well-being of our school community. We continue to apply it even now as it has become a part of our school culture.
- Care calls are made every fortnightly by the teachers.
- ‘Feedback to Forward’ is practiced in the classroom and during staff collaborations.
- ‘Well-being Café and Coffee Mornings’ are hosted for the staff members for informal discussions, games and stress-relieving engagements.
- Mindfulness is included weekly in the Timetable for all the students.
- Class parties, nature walks, picnics, field trips and celebrations are ingrained into thecurriculum.
- ‘Fun Friday’ is the day to reflect, promote student agencies and celebrate learning.
- Teachers Day is celebrated with enthusiasm and vigour.
- Children’s Day is celebrated in school.
- Term end parties are hosted for the teachers in the school.
- A well-being team is appointed for the staff members to help and support new teachers.
- School counsellors, Teacher Mentors and PYPC are available to all the teachers for any personal or professional support.
- Incentives, appreciations, PDs are regularly given to the staff members.
- Birthday celebrations are celebrated by the students and the staff members.
- Staff members are given opportunities beyond teaching and learning to contribute to the
- school community keeping in mind their interests and availability.
- Feedback and suggestions are encouraged in staff collaboration.
- ‘Matters To Address’ are incorporated weekly in the staff collaborations to give agency to the staff members.
We should indeed keep calm in the face of differences, live our lives in a state of inclusion and wonder at the diversity of humanity. The school culture promotes the philosophy of being ‘A Happy School’ for happiness is the highest form of health. George Takei
GD Goenka Global School