At GD Goenka Global school we believe in holistic development of the students. The extracurricular activities are designed to promote thinking, communication, research, self-management and social skills. We have two programmes running called Agentic Learning and the Enrichment programme. These programmes offer various engagements related to;
- Physical Education, like skating, chess, basketball, cricket, athletics, soccer, handball, Kid fit, Taekwondo, yoga, hockey, multi indoor sports, aerobics and martial arts.
- Performing Arts engagements include learning to play instruments, i.e. guitar, key board, participation in school band and vocals. In visual arts, we offer elements of drawing, Genres of Art and Clay Modelling. Dance activities include Kathak dance, Hip Hop and Jazz .In addition to the above we offer dramatics and Little Chef activities.
- Information Technology– robotics, coding, animation, digital photography, designing through Adobe Spark and Canva, Cloud computing and Design Thinking projects.
- Language Enhancement is included in the orator’s club, debating and recitation.
- Mindfulness – Social and emotional skill activities are enhanced under Mindfulness.
The activities are designed according to the students abilities and age criteria for developing and enhancing the Approaches to Learning Skills. Mindful Breathing, Mindful Walking, Meditation, Body Scans, Story Reflections,5 Sense exercise and Positive Affirmations. Children have shown a remarkable improvement in self-control with increased focus & attention with their ability to resolve conflicts and sound well-being.
The Enrichment Clubs strengthen the child from within and offers holistic learning opportunities. They provide voice, choice, and ownership for students as they take part in various activities to enhance their self-management and social skills. The engagements that the students participate are according to their interests like Mind Spark, International Mindedness, Hip-Hop , Waste Worriers, Painting Fireworks, Pottery, Chess, Young Artists, Strings and Beats, Taekwondo, Steam Squad and Cricket. These engagements are reviewed and revised after every semester.
PYP MULTILINGUAL FEST
Languages are the most powerful instruments of preserving and developing our tangible and intangible world heritage. All moves to promote the dissemination of mother tongues will serve not only to encourage linguistic diversity and multilingual education but also to develop fuller awareness of linguistic and cultural traditions throughout the world and to inspire solidarity based on understanding, tolerance and dialogue.
– From the United Nations ‘International Mother Language Day.’
Every year, GD Goenka Global hosts the Multilingual Fest to promote inclusion and cultural identities. This event encourages creativity and exploration of multilingual communities.
Primary Years Programme EXHIBITION
The PYP exhibition is the culmination of the IB Primary Years Programme. Students explore, document, and share their understanding of an issue or opportunity of personal significance. They engage in an in-depth, collaborative inquiry while displaying autonomy, agency and action with regard to their learning. It gives them an opportunity to design their learning while exercising the gained skills through their IB PYP years. The exhibition not only helps them in reflecting on their IB PYP experience as a whole but also equips them in their transition to the next stages of their learning journey.